Visit My Website

Visit My Website
Custom Personalized Candy Wrappers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Dreams and Dreaming

Two of my brothers did something very nice for me years ago. The two of them built a computer for me, one I could use to record music onto CDs.

I can read music (Mama taught me when I was six to eight years old) and play several instruments. I don't play them well but I enjoy what I can do. I also enjoy listening to music but I had no Celtic music. One day, I decided I would buy myself an inexpensive four track recorder and record myself playing my electric piano, guitar and penny whistle. I found several piece of Celtic music on the Internet and set out to learn them all.

After hours and hours of practice, I set up my wee recording studio in the breakfast nook of my apartment and began the task of recording my first CD.

It took days. I made so many mistakes and had to re-record all four tracks several times. But I was pleased with the end result. My first CD sounded as though I had recorded an orchestra as my electric piano replicates many different instruments and backgrounds in several different beats.

I grinned when I put the finished product into my CD player and listened to that which I produced. As I sat in the middle of my living room floor listening to the music I had recorded, I realized that I had dream number two come to life. I had become a recording artist...

Over the course of the next couple of years, I wrote several compositions. All are very simple but - none the less - are pieces I composed. I even composed a wedding march for my brother. Taking the letters of his first name and the letters of his fiancee's first name, I transposed them into notes of the music scale. The first letter of my brother's name determined what key the music was to be in.

Again, it is not a complicated piece but my brother and sister-in-law love it and the fact the music is comprised of the letters in their names.

Dream number two evolved...

No comments:

Post a Comment